End-of-Day Cruisers Checklist
This end-of-day cruisers checklist is what we do on Golden Glow prior to turning in each night.
- Dingy raised and locked
- Anchor secure: holding and appropriate scope for winds and currents. General rule of thumb for all chain rode on 33kg rocna : 5-1 no current or wind, 7-1 up to 10/15 knots, 10-1 if less than 30kts.
- Bridle secure: holding fast on rode or chain with appropriate prussic or chain shackle.
- If on mooring, verify ball is held appropriately for weather and swell to minimize hull knock.
- Check Electrical levels: if less than 12.5 run generator or make note to run in morning.
- Propane off (Should always be off when not cooking)
- Toys put away, secured/locked if on deck (snorkels, fins, snooba, paddle board, kayak, surfboard, cameras, towels… )
- Hatches and ports shut for rain
- Music off
- Electrical systems shut down except: bilges, anchor light
- Determine if alarm is to be set
- Howl at the moon or at least enjoy the milkyway reflecting off the ocean